Myakka City, Florida, USA – February 27, 2023 – ArthramidVet’s distinctive purple jump was a key element in the Grand Prix competition at TerraNova Equestrian Center in Myakka City, Florida last week, where a field of 33 horses vied for supremacy in the $77,300 ArthramidVet Grand Prix CSI 2*. Supporting horses and riders at the upper echelons of the sport aligns with ArthramidVet’s mission to use their pioneering treatment for arthritis to help maintain horses’ performance at the highest levels. Since the Danish company’s advanced hydrogels arrived on US soil, they have partnered with multiple events from show jumping to reining.
As a presenting sponsor, ArthramidVet crowned Israeli Olympian Daniel Bluman (ISR) and 11-year-old bay Selle Français gelding Cachemire de Braize (Nissan Quality Touch Z x Jaguar Mail) as the victors in Saturday’s . Bluman and Cachemire delivered the winning double clear effort in 32.450 seconds, tackling the course laid by FEI 4-star designer Bernardo Costa Cabral (POR).
“It’s a little of a test everywhere with some breathing spaces in the middle,” Cabral said. “It starts fairly easy and straightforward. We give them a difficult line, (5), 6 and 7, the skinny of TerraNova. Then, the triple and the breather to the last turn (to) the vertical of the church to the two big oxers on course, just in front of the VIP (tent) to finish.” Fence 11, the black and blue ballerina oxer, was set at 1.45m tall and 1.60m wide, the max dimensions allowed for a Grand Prix CSI 2*.
Ireland’s Bertram Allen (IRL) finished second and third aboard Caprisco (33.400) and Edison de Hus (33.440), providing consistency in his riding to the tune of a hundredth of a second.
Arthramid® Vet’s biocompatible hydrogel matrix, once administered by a certified veterinarian, forms a bio scaffold in the joint space that increases the elasticity of the joint. Results have also been shown to be long lasting – in one study over 80% of horses remained sound at 24 months.
Ask for it from your vet or visit www.ConturaVetUS.com for more information!
“ArthramidVet is bringing the future of arthritis treatment to the forefront, and TerraNova’s new facility and their commitment to the horses and riders mirrors our own dedication,” said ArthramidVet’s Director of Marketing, Laurie Birnbach. “We are excited about our partnership with TerraNova and look forward to continuing to raise awareness of our innovative, safe, and sustainable treatment for osteo arthritis that targets arthritis where it starts.”
Final Results – $77,300 ArthramidVet Grand Prix CSI 2*
1) Daniel Bluman (ISR) & Cachemire de Braize / Over the Top Stables LLC – 0 / 0 – 32.450
2) Bertram Allen (IRL) & Caprisco / Ballywalter Stables – 0 / 0 – 33.400
3) Bertram Allen (IRL) & Edison de Hus / Ballywalter Stables – 0 / 0 – 33.440
4) Daniel Bluman (ISR) & Gemma W / Blue Star Investments – 0 / 0 – 33.560
5) Angela Covert (CAN) & Hollywood de Rase Z / Angela Covert – 0 / 0 – 33.570
6) Alberto Michan (ISR) & Itchcock des Dames / Alberto Michan – 0 / 0 – 34.480
7) Megan McDermott (USA) & Nintendo / Counter Balance LLC – 0 / 0 – 34.620
8) Taylor St Jacques (CAN) & Jakilly / Taylor St Jacques – 0 / 0 – 36.000
9) Jessica Springsteen (USA) & Don Juan van de Donkhoeve / Stonehill Farm – 0 / 4 – 37.310
10) Luis Larrazabal (VEN) & Baroness / LeeAnn Ablin – 0 / 8 – 40.250
Source: Press Release (edited) from Equinium for TerraNova Equestrian Center
Photos: © TerraNova Equestrian Center / EQ Media