Bern, Switzerland – June 22, 2021 – In less than a month, the first competitions of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will begin, and the long list of riders for the Swiss Jumping Team were announced last week by the Swiss Equestrian Federation. The final selections will take place at the beginning of July 2021.
A maximum of 12 rider-rider / horse pairs may appear on the Olympic longlist and the final selection can only be made according to pairs appearing in this group. All the designated combinations meet the minimum conditions to be able to participate in the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan. As any other country that will participate in the team competition, Switzerland can delegate a full team of three rider-rider / horse pairs plus a reserve pair in showjumping.
- Bryan Balsiger with Clouzot de Lassus (Owners: Sarah and Olivier de Coulon) and Twentytwo des Biches (Owner: Christiana Duguet)
- Elian Baumann (SUI) & Campari Z (Owner: Riccarda Wenger)
- Martin Fuchs (SUI) & Clooney 51 (Owner: Luigi Baleri) and Leone Jei (Owner: Adolfo Juri)
- Steve Guerdat (SUI) & Venard de Cerisy (Owner: CHC Horses SA) and Victorio des Frotards (Owners: Artic Partners – Jumping Horses AG, Steve Guerdat)
- Alain Jufer (SUI) & Dante MM (Owner: Marlis Mühlebach)
- Beat Mandli (SUI) & Dsarie (Owner: Grant Road Partners GmbH)
- Edwin Smits (SUI) & Farezzo (Owner: Sonia Memberz, Edwin Smits)
- Niklaus Schurtenberger (SUI) & C Steffra (Owner: Michaela and Sascha Rikart)
Source: Press Release from the Swiss Equestrian Federation
Photo: © FEI / Martin Dokoupil