The Longines EEF Series Annual Bonuses for 2022 have been awarded for the best U25 riders in the Regional Qualifiers and the best individual performances in the Final.
As per the Longines EEF Series Rules, every team has the option to field a U25 rider in each Regional Qualifiers of the Series. EEF and Longines have a €40,000 prize fund to reward the best of these combinations based on the results from the RQs. Across the RQs, 11 U25 rider-horse combinations recorded a double-clear, whilst an additional 15 combinations achieved a 0/4 result. These are fantastic results from our young riders and support the philosophy and the ethos of the Longines EEF Series to help develop and provide team jumping opportunities and experiences for the next generation. The 11 double-clear combinations came from 7 different nations, and received an equal share of the prize fund, €3,636 each, with Gilles Thomas receiving double payment for his repeat clean sheet performances in Lisbon and Madrid. The successful riders were:
- Elin Ott (SUI) & Nanu II / Owned by Andreas Ott
- Sophie Hinners (GER) & Million Dollar / Owned by Holsteiner Verband Hengsthaltungs GmbH
- Michaela Jeskova (SVK) & Incredible W / Owned by B Wezenberg
- Alexis Goulet (FRA) & Cordico / Owned by Anne Seydoux and Pius Schwizer
- Gilles Thomas (BEL) & Calleryama / Owned by Steven Dewulf
- Sienna Charles (GBR) & Ornellaia / Owned by Princess Haya bint Hussein
- Camille Demolie (BEL) & Chico Fino / Owned by Demolie Invest
- Oliver Fletcher (GBR) & Hello William / Owned by Graham Fletcher, Lady Pauline Harris and Lady Pauline Kirkham
- Joe Fernyhough (GBR) & Calcourt Particle / Owned by Rowland Fernyhough
- Amy Inglis (GBR) & Wishes / Owned by Claire Inglis
From the Longines EEF series Final in Warsaw, an additional €40,000 is awarded to the best individual performances. Only four combinations achieved double clears, making worthy recipients of the bonus, and taking €10,000 each. 13 combinations finished with 0/4. A particular mention must be made for U25 Kevin Gallagher (IRL) who showed his class throughout the series, achieving two 0/4 during the Regional Qualifiers, a double clear at the Semi-Final in Deauville and then finishing with a double clear in the Final, competing with Ballypatrick Flamenco on all occasions.
Recipients of the best performance bonus from the Longines EEF Series Final:
- Lorenzo de Luca (ITA) & Scuderia 1918 Highlight W / Owned by Marco Porro and Scuderia 1918
- Kevin Gallagher (IRE) & Ballypatrick Flamenco / Owned by Greg Broderick – GBBS Int. Ltd
- Katharina Rhomberg (AUT) & Cuma 5 / Owned by Gerhard Rauch
- Duarte Seabra (POR) / Dourados 2 & Owned by Carol Gee and Duarte Seabra
The EEF is proud to congratulate and reward all the above recipients of the Longines EEF Series Annual Bonuses for 2022!
Source: Press Release From EEF | European Equestrian Federation
Photo: © Yadel Möhler Photography