Stockholm, Sweden – November 28, 2021 – It was a popular home win for Henrik von Eckermann (SWE) and Glamour Girl who topped the $877,900 H&M Grand Prix CSI 4*, 1.55-class, Sunday evening in Friends Arena in front of 12,200 people in the audience.
Six out of eighteen riders went through to the jump off. Henrik von Eckermann (SWE) was last out and highly motivated after a weekend without any placings.
– Finally! I knew I had a chance and really wanted to go for it. My horse has been doing everything right, but I rode like shit in the Friday class. Today I really wanted to give her a good round, he says.
Going for the first place it was a duel with Swedish team rider Malin Baryard Johnsson (SWE) on H&M Indiana.
– I know my horse is naturally very fast. I only had to copy Malin’s round and I knew I would be faster, since my horse is very fast over the jumps, von Eckermann says.
Malin Baryard Johnsson was first out in the jump off.
– My plan was to go as fast as I could. I knew that I had really fast combinations coming after me. But that’s my own fault since I’ve invited all these good horses and riders, Baryard Johnsson says and laughs, since she’s also the Sport Director of Sweden International Horse Show.
Marlon Módolo Zanotelli (BRA) won the same Grand Prix in Stockholm in 2018 and was third in 2019. Now he was back and on the podium again with VDL Edgar M after one fence down in the jum- off.
– I had a really good round and I’m pleased with my horse who has been jumping great all weekend. It has been fantastic to be here in Friends Arena, it’s defenitely one of my favourite shows of the year.
Final Results – $877,900 H&M Grand Prix CSI 4*
1) Henrik von Eckermann (SWE) & Glamour Girl – 0 / 0 – 39.60
2) Malin Baryard Johnsson (SWE) & H&M Indiana – 0 / 0 – 41.07
3) Marlon Módolo Zanotelli (BRA) & VDL Edgar M – 0 / 4 – 40.74
Source: Press Release by Matilda Hjertstrand / Ridsport for the Sweden International Horse Show
Photos: © SIHS / Roland Thunholm