On Tuesday, team Flanders Foal & Embryo Auction flies to the Emirates for the first embryo auction of the year. Destination is the magnificent Al Shira’aa Horse Show CSI 4* in Abu Dhabi. On Saturday, January 14, there will be a live and online auction with 22 jumping embryos.
It was the idea of HH Sheikha Fatima Bint Hazza Bin Zayed Al Nahyan to bring the auction to her international show. She is very passionate about the horses, sport and breeding, has stables in the UAE as well as in the UK and is a loyal client of ‘Flanders’.
“I am extremely excited to bring this new concept to the show, to generate some excitement, offer the very best embryos out of strong damlines, and to keep ties in the sport between the UAE and Europe”, tells the granddaughter of the UAE founders HH Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan and HH Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak.
CSI 4*-W Abu Dhabi expects 169 horses at the show and the UAE riders will get strong competition from foreign riders like Shane and Trevor Breen, Billy Twomey and Michael Duffy from Ireland, William Funnell and Tim Gredley from the UK, Abdel Saïd who rides now for Belgium, the German David Will and the Italian Emanuele Gaudiano.
The collection of Flanders counts 22 embryos who will be born coming months. The quality of the pedigree is incredible high:
- 4 dams jumped 1.60m Grand Prix
- 3 dams jumped at 1.40m, 1.45m or 1.50m level
- 10 dams already produced 1 or more GP horses (1.50-1.60m level)
- 6 grandams performed at 1.60m Grand Prix level
- 3 grandam jumped at 1.45/1.50m Grand Prix level
- Only proven sires, for example Chacco Blue, Emerald, Kashmir, Comme il Faut, Balou
- du Reventon, Dominator Z, Heartbreaker, Diamant de Semilly, Nabab de Reve, Tangelo van de Zuuthoeve…
Flanders Foal & Embryo Auction can take care of the birth of the foals and raise them until 3 years old. Feel free to contact Luk Van Puymbroeck and Gerald Lenaerts when you have any questions: www.flandersfoalauction.be.
Source: Press Release from Flanders Foal & Embryo Auction
Photo: © Flanders Foal & Embryo Auction