Upper Marlboro, Maryland – October 26, 2022 – The 64th annual Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) CSI 5*-W, presented by MARS Equestrian™ will make its highly anticipated return to the Washington, D.C. area from October 24 through 30, 2022. WIHS will showcase thrilling equestrian sport, entertaining exhibitions, and special events at two prominent venues: The Show Place Arena at Prince George’s Equestrian Center (PGEC) in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, and the National Harbor waterfront complex in Oxon Hill, Maryland. WIHS will welcome the best riders from around the world and across the nation, equestrian fans, and the local community to witness and engage in this year’s spectacular event.
Washington International Horse Show has a distinguished history of hosting world-class show jumping competition, and with its new FEI five-star designation, a stellar list of the world’s top riders and their horses from 10 countries are expected to compete in 2022, including Olympic medalists McLain Ward (USA), Jessica Springsteen (USA), Laura Kraut (USA), Kent Farrington (USA), and Rodrigo Pessoa (USA), as well as last year’s grand prix winner Tiffany Foster (CAN). Fan favorites Margie Engle (USA), Brian Moggre (USA), and Aaron Vale (USA) will also be in attendance.
In addition to top competition, fans are encouraged to attend and take part in many of the long-standing, family-friendly evening traditions, events, and exhibitions, including WIHS Barn Night, WIHS Military Night, and World Cup Night.
The show’s new partnership with National Harbor also offers exhibitors, spectators, and sponsors special access to top lodging, entertainment, and community events, including the popular WIHS Kids’ Day presented by Delta Airlines.
WIHS 2022 Tickets and Hospitality:
- WIHS ticket information available here: https://wihs.org/tickets/
- Admission on opening day and on both WIHS Kids’ Days is FREE
- Daytime admission is free for children 12 and under
- Adults: Daytime admission is free on Monday, $2 on Tuesday, $5 on Wednesday and Thursday, and $10 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- WIHS Military Night, Friday, Oct. 28: Special pricing for military with ID (up to four tickets per ID). Available at the box office only. Save $20 (adults) and $15 (children) for select seats closest to the action, while supplies last. WIHS respectfully requests all serving military members wear appropriate uniform to the Friday night event.
- Daytime events for military members: Members of the military will receive four free tickets with military ID for any daytime event (Monday-Sunday, Oct. 24-30)
- Tables seating eight on VIP Platform available here: https://wihs.org/vip-tables/
- ETHOS Award Champagne Brunch will honor the contributions of African Americans to the horse world. Buy tickets here: https://wihs.org/ethosaward/
Source: Press Release from Jump Media for the Washington International Horse Show
Photo: © WIHS / Alden Corrigan Media / Shawn McMillen Photography