Lausanne, Switzerland – June 22, 2022 – The FEI Board allocated major FEI Finals and Championships during its two-day in-person meeting taking place at the FEI Headquarters on 21 and 22 June.
The Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Final 2025,In 2026, the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Final and FEI Dressage World Cup™ Final will be held in Fort Worth (USA).
“Today the FEI Board made allocations until 2026 and, after some years of disruption due to Covid-19 and EHV-1, we have excellent sport to look forward to in the coming years,” FEI President Ingmar De Vos said.
“We are delighted that Longines CHI Basel will host the FEI World Cup™ Finals in three disciplines in 2025. The last time Switzerland, which is home to the FEI, hosted the FEI Jumping World Cup™ was in 2010, the very year when Longines CHI Basel was created. Switzerland has never hosted an FEI Dressage and Vaulting World Cup™ Finals so it is a welcome development. Since 2010, Basel has grown into a world class venue and we are confident that the 2025 FEI World Cup™ Finals will be organised at the highest level.
“The Jumping International de Bordeaux has held FEI Driving World Cup™ events for many years and hosted successful Finals in 2018, 2019 and 2020. We have no doubt that the 2025 Final will be organised with the traditional expertise and will attract the usual big crowd of cheerful fans.
“It is wonderful that the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Final and FEI Dressage World Cup™ 2026 will travel to the United States. With only two years to go until the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles, excitement will be mounting and I’m convinced that it will be an event full of excellent sport, cheer and high energy.
“In addition, we allocated numerous championships for the next two years. The FEI Calendar is as busy as ever and we are looking forward to many unforgettable moments.”
The FEI Board also allocated the following Championships:
- FEI Jumping South American Championship for U25, Juniors, Pre-Juniors and Children, Porto Alegre (BRA), 24-29 October 2023
- FEI WBFSH Jumping World Breeding Championship for Young Horses, Lanaken (BEL), second half of September 2024
- FEI Jumping European Championship for Young Riders, Juniors and Children, Kronenberg (NED), 11-14 or 18-21 or 25-28 July 2024
- FEI Jumping European Championship for Ponies, Opglabbeek-Sentower Park (BEL), mid-July 2024
- FEI Dressage European Championship U25 and Young Riders, St. Margarethen (AUT), 16-21 July 2024
- FEI Dressage European Championship for Juniors and Children, Opglabbeek-Sentower Park (BEL), mid-July 2024
- FEI Dressage European Championships for Ponies, Opglabbeek-Sentower Park (BEL), mid-July 2024
- FEI Eventing European Championship for Young Riders and Juniors, Strzegom (POL), 15-18 August 2024
- FEI WBFSH Eventing World Breeding Championship for Young Horses, Lion d’Angers (FRA), dates TBD 2024
- FEI Endurance World Championship for Young Horses, Arborea (ITA), September 2024
- FEI Endurance European Championship for Young Riders and Juniors, Arborea (ITA), September 2024
- FEI Vaulting World Championship for Young Vaulters, Flyinge (SWE), 26-30 July 2023
- FEI Vaulting European Championship for Juniors and Young Vaulters, Bern (SUI), 15-21 July 2024
The Board decided to reopen the bid process for the FEI Driving World Championships for Young Horses for the years 2023 and 2024.
A summary of the other key decisions taken by the FEI Board is available here.
Source: Press Release from FEI – Fédération Equestre Internationale
Photo: © FEI / Liz Gregg