Second Week Added to Both Sonoma and Columbus; Santa Fe Show is Canceled
Lexington, Kentucky, USA – July 29, 2020 – The Split Rock Jumping Tour (SRJT) is adding two horse shows to its 2020 Tour. Each will be as an additional week to an already-scheduled stop on the Tour – one in Sonoma and one in Columbus. Due to difficulties presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, SRJT’s previously scheduled show in Santa Fe has been canceled.
“The success of our first event in Lexington demonstrated that we can hold horse shows in a way that is completely safe,” said Split Rock Jumping Tour Founder and CEO Derek Braun. “As we continue to deal with the pandemic on both a national and local basis, we remain in contact, not only with the USEF and FEI, but with local authorities as well. While guidelines vary from state to state, we are continuing to seek opportunities to give exhibitors the best and safest showing experience and we are thrilled to be able to add new shows in Sonoma and Columbus.”
The 2020 Split Rock Jumping Tour schedule is now as follows.
1. June 17-21 – Lexington International CSI 2* – Kentucky Horse Park – Lexington, KY
2. New! August 26-30 – Sonoma International CSI 2* – Sonoma Horse Park – Sonoma, CA
3. September 2-6 – Sonoma International CSI 2* – Sonoma Horse Park – Sonoma, CA
4. New! September 23-27 – Columbus International I CSI 2* – Brave Horse Show Park – Johnstown, OH
5. September 30-October 4 – Columbus International II CSI 2* – Brave Horse Show Park – Johnstown, OH
6. November 4-8 – Aiken International CSI 2* – Aiken Horse Park – Aiken, SC
7. December 16-20 – Fort Worth International CSI 4*-W (Longines FEI Jumping World Cup Ft. Worth) – Will Rogers Coliseum – Ft. Worth, TX
Each week of Sonoma will feature three FEI classes including a $10,000 Speed class, a $37,000 Welcome and a $100,000 Grand Prix. Each week of Columbus will also feature three FEI classes including a $10,000 Speed class, a $37,000 Welcome and a Grand Prix. Columbus will have a $50,000 Grand Prix during week one and a $100,000 Grand Prix week two.
Now in its sixth year, the SRJT has been revolutionizing the way the sport of show jumping is presented in the U.S. and has been creating a truly “unparalleled show jumping experience” for competitors, sponsors and spectators alike. Competing in the SRJT is unlike any other American horse show experience. SRJT competitions offer top prize money, extravagant awards, special entry packages, and numerous first-class amenities not typically found at any other horse show.
SRJT would like to thank the corporate partners and advertisers who are making the 2020 Split Rock Jumping Tour a truly unparalleled experience!
• Animo • CWD • Dalman Jump Co • EquiFit • FarmVet • HorseFlight • Human Touch • Hyaluronex • John Deere/NTRA • PonyApp • Restylane • Roeckl • Vitalize Alimend •
In 2020, SRJT has adopted Green is the New Blue operating standards to prioritize green practices at all Split Rock Jumping Tour events.
Additional information – including prize lists, schedules, news, entry, and ticket information – is available at the Split Rock Jumping Tour’s website at www.SplitRockJumpingTour.com.
Source: Press release by Split Rock Jumping Tour
Photo: © Winslow Photography