Valkenswaard, The Netherlands – May 31, 2020 – A two-time champion of the Longines Global Champions Tour (2011 & 2012), Edwina Tops-Alexander (AUS) leads all riders in total earnings while competing in the Formula 1 of showjumping. Besides being successful in the most important circuit of the noble sport, the Aussie has also been consistent throughout her career, having a total of 42 FEI-level wins accredited to her name.
The other two highest-place riders are two dynamic British riders who also happen to be two-time LGCT Champions. Scott Brash (GBR) is close in second place followed by compatriot Ben Maher (GBR), compatriots who have counted on the likes of Hello Sanctos and Explosion W to power them to most of their LGCT GP wins.
Rolf-Göran Bengtsson (SWE) is in third place, counting on all-time LGCT Grand Prix winner, Casall Ask. Horsepowered by Zangersheide, Christian Ahlmann (GER) rounds out the top five riders in the all-time LGCT earnings ranking.
All-Time LGCT Prize Money Ranking
Place / Rider / Country / €arnings
1) Edwina Tops-Alexander (AUS) – €3,999,093
2) Scott Brash (GBR) – €3,925,707
3) Ben Maher (GBR) – €3,427,410
4) Rolf-Göran Bengtsson (SWE) – €3,238,695
5) Christian Ahlmann (GER) – €2,929,176
6) Harrie Smolders (NED) – €2,802,419
7) Ludger Beerbaum (GER) – €2,757,372
8) Marcus Ehning (GER) – €2,468,419
9) Daniel Deusser (GER) – €2,368,062
10) Luciana Diniz (POR) – €2,217,813
For the complete all-time earnings rankings list, please click here and then on overall prize money.
Text: Jumper News, no reproduction without permission.
Source: LGCT – Longines Global Champions Tour
Photo: © LGCT / Stefano Grasso