Lexington, Kentucky – November 01, 2019 – Prior to Thursday’s feature event, the Alltech Arena welcomed 33 horses and athletes to vie for top honors in the $36,000 International Open Jumper Speed CSI 4* during the 136th edition of the National Horse Show CSI 4*-W at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
Operating under a faults-converted format, any downed rails added three penalties to the time to determine a final score for the round, meaning both speed and precision were imperative for a respectable tally. First to tackle the track, Lillie Keenan (USA) piloted Chansonette Farm LLC’s Agana Van Het Gerendal Z to a solid standard as the pacesetters, crossing the finish line in 53.920 seconds. The duo’s time would not hold long though, as Daniel Coyle (IRL) and his own CHS Krooze followed suit soon thereafter, shaving more than two seconds off of the leaders’ efforts to jump to the head of the scorecard.
Nearly 30 exhibitors chased down the frontrunners throughout the remainder of the class, but ultimately the winners were the fifth pair in the order of go. Coyle and 9-year-old bay Irish Sport Horse mare (Kroongraaf – Cruise Oak) won with a time of 51.880 seconds.
Catherine Tyree (USA) was awarded the second-place position following her ride on Mary Tyree’s Catungee (Contact Me x Liatos) in a quick 52.220 seconds. Rounding out the top of the results, Lillie Keenan (USA) and Agana Van Het Gerendal Z (Aganix du Seigneur x Topas) retained a podium spot as the third-place finishers with a time of 53.92 seconds.
The 2019 National Horse Show will return Friday with more show jumping action in the form of the $36,000 EquiJet Accumulator Class CSI 4*. Juniors and amateurs will take center stage Saturday afternoon in the $50,000 Hollow Brook Wealth Management Show Jumping Hall of Fame Amateur-Owner/Junior Jumper Grand Prix, and the premier jumper class of the week, the $225,000 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Lexington CSI4*-W, will take place Saturday evening.
Daniel Coyle (IRL) & CHS Krooze during the awards ceremony
Results – $36,000 International Open Jumper Speed CSI 4*
Place / Rider / Country / Horse / Total Time / Time
1. Daniel Coyle ( IRL) & CHS Krooze / 51.880
2. Catherine Tyree (USA) & Catungee / 52.220
3. Lillie Keenan (USA) & Agana Van Het Gerendal Z – 0 / 53.920
4. Beezie Madden (USA) & Jiva / 54.370 (51.37)
5. Molly Ashe Cawley (USA) & Balous Day Date / 54.99 (51.99)
6. Conor Swail (IRL) & Gamble / 55.540
7. Rodrigo Pessoa (BRA) & Venice Beach / 55.630
8. Jennifer Gates (USA) & Alex / 55.930
9. Darragh Kenny (IRL) & Billy Dorito / 56.130 (53.13)
10. David Blake (IRL) & Don’t Touch du Bois / 56.58 (53.58)
11. Andrew Kocher (USA) & Fashion V / 56.97 (50.97)
12. Rowan Willis (AUS) & Wellington Grandorie / 57.06 (54.06)
For full results, please click here.
Source: Press release by Elaine Wessel / Phelps Media Group for the National Horse Show
Photos: © Phelps Media Group / Georgie Hammond