Bromont, Quebec, Canada – August 3, 2019 – Andrew Kocher (USA) and Darius de W claimed first place in the €15,000 Modified Grand Prix of the 44th edition of the International Bromont CSI 3* at the Bromont Olympic Equestrian Park.
FEI4* course designer Michel Vaillancourt (CAN) had prepared a difficult course for this 1.45 m class. With 13 obstacles for 16 efforts including a double combination halfway and a triple almost at the end, the Modified Grand Prix saw only five pairs make it to the jump-off, four of whom were experienced riders. That is how Andrew Kocher & Darius de W, Jonathan McCrea & Fernando H, Ali Ramsay & Bonita VH Keizershof Z & Alberto Michan & Gletscher EIS E were joined by Caroline Di Vittorio & Auburn des Rosiers.
Right from the start in the jump-off Kocher and Darius de W (Berlin x Zuera de W) an 11-year-old Dutch Warmblood bay gelding, owned by Eye Candy Jumpers, took the lead with a clear second round in 37.72 seconds. No other team could match their performance.
Alberto Michan (ISR) and Gletscher EIS E were the runners-up while Ali Ramsay (CAN) and Bonita VH Keizershof Z rounded out the top three with four penalty-points in the jump-off, stopping hte timers in 38.10 seconds.
Results – Modified Grand Prix
1) Andrew Kocher (USA) & Darius de W – 0 / 0 – 37.72
2) Alberto Michan (ISR) & Gletscher EIS E
3) Ali Ramsay (CAN) & Bonita VH Keizershof Z – 0 / 4 – 38.10
4) Caroline Di Vittorio (CAN) & Auburn des rosiers – 0 / 8 – 39.12
5) Jonathan McCrea (USA) & Fernando H – 0 / 16 – 77.67
6) Hayley Carson (USA) & Darosso VDL – 1 – 84.88
7) Michael Hutchinson (IRL) & Golden Dream – 4 – 77.84
8) Caroline Di Vittorio (CAN) & Utwo d’Esquelmes – 4 – 79.68
9) Jonathan McCrea (USA) & Ever d’Hoogpoort – 4 – 80.82
10) Susan Horn (CAN) & Chacca Keeps II – 6 – 86.15
Source: Press release by Alexandra Hill for International Bromont
Photo: © Tom von Kapherr
Categories: CSI 3*