Bromont Olympic Equestrian Park, Bromont, April 5, 2018 – American Jonathan McCrea (USA) stepped on top of the podium today winning the final Grand Prix at the 2018 International Bromont, with Aristoteles V.
McCrea Is Unbeatable
Canadian course designer Michel Vaillancourt’s (FRA) course comprised 13 obstacles for 16 efforts, including a triple combination coming out of a broken line. Therefore, 11 horse-rider pairs qualified for the jump-off round.
With the fastest time in the first round, Christine McCrea (USA) & Dali de Vy are first out in the jump-off, but a pole down at the seventh obstacle keeps the door open for the pairs still to come, allowing them to take the lead. The next two pairs, Nicholas Dello Joio (USA) & Columbcille de Reve as well as Mario Deslauriers (USA) & Jamaica van Paemel, execute a clear jump-off round, taking the first two places in the standings at that point.
The arrival of Jonathan McCrea (USA) & Aristoteles V on the course changes things. The pair take advantage with a double clear round in a time of 42.54 seconds. Only Susan Horn (CAN) & Lilly Fee (40.83) and Leslie Howard (USA) & Quadam (41.98) will be able to surpass their time, but poles down, respectively at the seventh and first obstacles, will prevent them from winning.
About International Bromont
International Bromont presents its 43rd edition in the picturesque setting of the Bromont Olympic Equestrian Park, at the heart of the beautiful region of the Eastern Townships. For more information on the schedule, visit our Web site at www.internationalbromont.org.
International Bromont would like to thank the Ministère de l’Éducation, de l’Enseignement supérieur, the Ministère du Tourisme du Québec and the town of Bromont for their support.
Results – International Bromont Grand Prix CSI 3*
1) Jonathan McCrea (USA) & Aristoteles V – 0 / 0, 42.54
2) Jordan Coyle (IRL) & Colorado – 0 / 0, 42.71
3) Ali Ramsay (CAN) & Hermelien VD Hooghoeve – 0 / 0, 43.43
4) Catherine Tyree (USA) & Catungee – 0 / 0, 43.74
5) Lisa Carlsen (CAN) & Parette – 0 / 0, 44.15
6) Nicholas Dello Joio (USA) & Columbcille de Reve – 0 / 0, 44.99
7) Mario Deslauriers (CAN) & Jamaica van Paemel – 0 / 0, 45.08
8) Susan Horn (CAN) & Lilly Fee – 0 / 4, 40.83
9) Leslie Howard (USA) / Quadam – 0 / 4, 41.98
10) Lucy Deslauriers (USA) & Kaspara – 0 / 4, 43.77
Source: Press Release by Alexandra Hill for International Bromont
Photo: © Tom von kap-Herr
Categories: CSI 3*