Bern, Switzerland – August 12, 2021 – The jumping selection committee of the Swiss Equestrian Federation (SVPS) has released a statement announcing their selection of rider and horses to represent Switzerland at the upcoming 2021 Longines FEI Jumping European Championships at Riesenbeck, Germany. This event will take place from September 1st to 5th, 2021.
The following tabs were selected (in alphabetical order):
- Bryan Balsiger (SUI), with Ak’s Courage , owner: Olivier de Coulon
- Elian Baumann (SUI), with Campari Z , owner: Riccarda Wenger
- Martin Fuchs (SUI), with Leone Jei , owner: Adolfo Juri
- Steve Guerdat (SUI), with Albführen’s Maddox , owner: Hofgut Albführung GmbH
- Niklaus Schurtenberger (SUI), with C-Steffra , owner: Michaela and Sascha Rikart
A short word from the team boss Michel Sorg: “Just shortly after the Olympic Games, the European championship in Riesenbeck will be a second championship this year, which is very important for Switzerland. We look forward to a team with some new faces and horses that will take part in their first championship. “
In addition to the team leader, Thomas Fuchs (SUI) as coach and Marc Oertly (SUI) as veterinarian will look after the Swiss riders on site.
Source: Press Release from the Swiss Equestrian Federation
Photo: © FEI / Martin Dokoupil