1) Angelstone Farms has implemented COVID measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. Under current rule 82/20, the care of horses at a boarding stable or place that houses horses is an essential business. We will be allowing only essential personnel on the property. The list of essential personnel permitted on the Angelstone property is attached in appendix 1.
2) Daily exercise is an essential service and will be available in the Astalos, Derby Field, Lunging ring, and EEC warm-up ring. Social distancing measures will be strictly enforced at all times.
3) Training and Competition at a facility that is a member of a National Organization funded by Sport Canada are considered an Essential Workplace. These competitions will only be available to horses who are stabled at Angelstone Farms, and athletes who have a valid Equestrian Canada membership. Competitions will be hosted by our parent company, Angelstone Tournaments. These competitions will take place in designated competition areas, and will take place without spectators. Competition areas will be open to competitors and trainers only, and anyone with access to the competition area must have a valid Equestrian Canada Membership.
4) Every stable must submit their list of essential personnel by email to firstname.lastname@example.org hours prior to arrival on the Angelstone property. Accreditation will be available upon arrival to the property. No one will have access to the stabling or competition areas without proper accreditation. Appendix 1 outlines the list of approved personnel.
5) Appendix 2 will outline the responsibility every essential personnel has prior to arrival on the Angelstone Farms property. We expect every person to take this seriously, and act in a safe and professional way.
Checkpoints on the Property
There will be two checkpoints when entering the Angelstone property. Checkpoint 1 will be to ensure everyone in the vehicle is essential personnel and is authorized to be on the grounds. People not on the list will not be allowed to enter the grounds under any circumstances. Checkpoint two will be the entrance to the stabling compound. Temperature checks and verbal health checks will be conducted prior to access to the stables being granted. Accreditation will be available here for people arriving for the first time.
Stabling Area Management
All horses must be stabled on the Angelstone property by 5 pm the day before they compete. The stables will be closed to all vehicles at all times after 5 pm Monday. Therefore, if arriving after 5 pm Monday, horses must be unloaded in the parking area and led into the stables. There will be a mandatory check-in at the gate for new arrivals to ensure they are not competing day of arrival.
The Angelstone Stables will be enforcing social distancing protocols. Every stable will have their own secured area. Stables will be spread out throughout the property, with approximately 65% occupancy. The secured area of each stable will be accessible to the essential personnel of that stable only. A person will not be allowed to be an essential person in two stables. This will be strictly enforced.
Hay and Shavings deliveries will be done prior to arrival, and will only be available on Mondays between competitions. All deliveries after your arrival will be delivered to the entrance of your secured area.
The Angelstone staff cannot enter your secured areas unless there is an emergency.
Every stable will have its own washroom and hand sanitization station within their secured area. It will be the responsibility of each stable to clean and disinfect their washroom following use, as the Angelstone Staff will not have access to your stable area. Every stable will have a $250/month surcharge for washrooms. Additional cleanings will be at the expense of the stable.
Every stable will have its own garbage can. Garbage bags will be provided prior to arrival, and garbage must be dumped into two central dumpsters on the property.
Help fight the Spread by Reducing your Footprint
We will request for every stable to make their best efforts to minimize their footprint while maintaining the health and safety of their horses.
Angelstone office & Competition office
All entries for any competitions offered during your rental period will be run through Show Grounds Live (www.showgroundslive.com) and our virtual office (email@example.com). Any questions or concerns should be relayed to our virtual office.
Arrivals on Property
Arrivals may be done by appointment only. Vehicles are prohibited to enter the stables unless they have a set appointment. We will allow a maximum of two arrivals per hour. Stables will be asked to unload and vacate stables within their hour reservation period. Horses may not arrive at the property on the day they compete. Competition is restricted to horses on-site. Horses may leave at any time but will have to be led to parking areas to load up. Vehicles will not be permitted in the stables without an appointment. Appointments can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments will only be available after the competition is complete any given day, and only if absolutely essential.
Masks and other Safety
It is mandatory to wear a mask while not mounted on a horse. All essential personnel must bring their own mask. We will supply masks at the gate for those who do not have.
Managing a stable footprint at the farm is important. Your list of essential personnel will be used at both checkpoints when entering the property. People not on the essential list will not gain access to the property. Please ensure your list of essential personnel is sent to the office prior to arrival on the property, and ensure all updates are done 24 hours in advance. Essential personnel will only have access to one stable, and cannot cross between stables. Braiding will not be permitted for this reason.
All ribbons will be awarded virtually through our social media platforms. Competitors will be tagged in their ribbons through Instagram and Facebook stories (Make sure you follow us on Instagram).
Source: Press release from Angelstone Tournaments
Banner: © Angelstone Tournaments
Categories: Jumper News Canada