So with just two days to go until the Theraplate UK Liverpool International Horse Show CSI 4*, running from December 28 to 31, here we take a look at what makes the city such a destination visit!
1) As we all know Liverpool is so very famous for Aintree and of course the Grand National. Former winner, the multi-garlanded AP McCoy will be at the show supporting his daughter Eve in the Mini Major class on the Sunday afternoon.
2) Are you a fan of British and International modern and contemporary art? Be sure to check out Tate Liverpool situated at the Royal Albert Dock. There are numerous exhibitions on display and even free displays to look around including ‘Constellations’ where you can explore the links between many artists and artworks. The famous works of Wassily Kandinsky from ‘Cossacks 1910-1’ which depicts the titular orange-helmeted cavalrymen will also be on display, free for you to admire.
3) The beautiful Royal Albert Dock is a hub for things to do, places to eat, drink and shop. Whether you are looking for a quiet, relaxed drink or a lively night out, a quick bite to eat or a sophisticated meal, the Royal Albert Dock has it all. The scenic dock is an ideal location to pass some time away amongst the water and boats.
4) If you are after a really unique dining experience then the Panoramic 34 Restaurant offers a magnificent skyline view. Set 300 feet above sea level on the 34th floor of the West Tower, Panoramic 34 is one of the UK’s highest restaurants. This celebrated fine dining restaurant is encapsulated by ceiling to floor windows offering breath taking 360° views of the iconic river, city and region beyond. Having truly escaped the bustle of the city streets, guests are welcomed by the enveloping, sensuous comfort of the bar area, the ideal place to unwind and sample the well-stocked bar or peruse the extensive wine list.
5) No Beatles fan can leave Liverpool without a feeling of nostalgia. After all Liverpool is the hometown of the fab rock four. From the iconic Liverpool Beatles Statue to The Beatles Story Museum or a guided Beatles themed tour around Liverpool you will be able to step back in time and learn all about the amazing culture and music of the Beatles.
6) If you are a fan of the great singer, television presenter, actress and author Cilla Black, then be sure to visit Mathew Street to see the statue of the Liverpudlian. The statue provides you with a great tribute to the brilliant singer designed to represent her 1960s look featuring song lyrics, images and signatures within her dress. The statue makes a great photo opportunity!
7) The Liver Birds statue located atop of the majestic Royal Liver Building on the Pier Head is definitely a sight to go and see, the Liver bird has been associated with Liverpool for at least 650 years. Your age may start to show if you remember the Liver Birds comedy show created by Carla Lane and Myra Taylor based on the story of two Liverpudlian housewives.
8) Make your trip to Liverpool one to remember and extend your stay over the New Year. There will be so much excitement going on throughout the build up to the New Year. The Theraplate UK Liverpool International Horse Show held at the Echo Arena will be hosting a brilliant New Year’s Eve party with a host of entertainment for everyone. The show will include world class show jumping to the Shetland Pony Grand National, FMX Motorcross display and brilliant music to bring the night in by Rick Parfitt Jnr and the RPJ Band. The show will also have plenty of shopping so you won’t be stuck for things to do at the Echo arena.
9) If you take a walk around Liverpool try and see if you can spot the amazing horse statues around the city, you will see many statues in tribute to the hard-working dock horses. They are a magnificent sight and really set the scene of the historic city.
10) The stunning city of Liverpool is always bustling with friendly locals with plenty to do and see for all members of the family. You may even spot a few spray tans or two along the way!
For further information and to book tickets visit www.liverpoolhorseshow.com
Source: Press release from Liverpool International Horse Show
Photo: © Liverpool International Horse Show